Sunday, December 4, 2011

After Market Parts

Anyone who has perused the Factory Five Forum, or who has run a number of Google searches will realize that the GTM has spurred a vibrant after market. One of those places is Vraptor SPeedworks. These guys build GTMs, Superlite Coupes, Race Car Replicas and Ultima GTRs. They know where the problems exist, and they are contributors to the relevant forums. They manufacture and sell solutions to the problems they have run into on various builds.
This is a mounting plate for an ISIS Power cell. The problem addressed here is the lack of flat spots where the Power cells can be mounted on the frame. I figured out in an earlier post that I require 3 Power Cells and maybe an InMotion cell too.
So how frustrating or satisfying is it to deal with an after market GTM vendor? I have budgeted into the initial build estimate the Kooks Custom Exhaust supplied by Vraptor Speedworks. I figured I would like to know if they were a reliable source, before I plunk down $2000. A $140 order was my test case.
Mounting bracket for the ISIS Master Cell.
I put together a small order of ISIS mount plates, AC plenum and Stereo closeout panel. These were all items that addressed specific issues raised by multiple builders. My philosophy is to learn from those who have built one of more GTMs and have fashioned solutions.
The AC plenum relocates the blower motor from under the hood to the passenger side footwell. This provides better circulation of cool air inside the car.
I put my order together and emailed Shane at Vraptor Speedworks. He came back with the costs and a PayPal account to use. I paid the total and emailed a confirmation. Ten days later, the parts showed up. I dare say the service here was a darn sight better than some places I have recently dealt with (Grrrr, the Eibach Performance Sway Bars for the Boxster was an exercise in pulling teeth - not Eibach's problem, an unnamed vendor who will receive no more orders).
Stereo close out panel mounts between the dash and the tunnel. This reduces noise and  alleviates temperature issues by providing a seal around the stereo components. I might need one for the inTouchMax screen as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe