Sunday, August 14, 2011

Suspension Clean Up

In preparation for building the GTM, I scour GTM build blogs and logs. (This is one of the reasons I am writing this blog, to help illustrate the path toward a successful GTM build.) Anyway, one thing I liked was the idea of cleaning up the suspension control arms. Fparts degreased the suspension before they shipped. I know the parts came from a minimum of 2 cars (yellow and grey). Based on different coloration between the from and rear suspension members, I think they may have come from different vehicles as well.

 One thing I learned from other build logs is the idea of repainting the suspension pieces to give them a "new" and "uniform" look. I took a quick trip down to Loews and picked up a couple cans Rustoleum metallic paint, set up a paint booth in the corner of the garage and masked off the rubber gaskets. This went pretty quick.

The other improvement is the replacement of the rotors, brake lines, and calipers with the Z06 Big Brake Upgrade. That's a late fall, early winter project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe