Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kindle Power

A Kindle is a tremendous tool. It is far more than a simple E-Reader. A Kindle account is free to set up, and the reader app can be downloaded to a myriad of different platforms, including the iPad, Android, and PC platforms.

A book on my Kindle is accessible everywhere I have a suitable platform. I have never done an engine swap/mount before, but there are plenty of resources out there to bring me up to speed. The GM LS-Series Engines: The Complete Swap Manual is a tremendous DIY guide to mount an LS Series engine swaps and mounts. Best of all it has a Kindle edition ($3 cheaper than the hard copy).

I order the book. A minute later it arrives on my Kindle. Five more minutes, I have my head stuck inside the engine compartment of my Corvette.


Ah, but you say the Kindle is black & white, it is a bit bulky (when there might not be space under the car). I agree, but my Apple iTouch is just the right size and it is in color and I can zoom things in and out as needed.

So I have a couple of days left before I tuck my Corvette away until after New Years. Enough time (I hope) to get my head around the accessories rail, engine mounts and the transmission/clutch linkage.

Granted, the LS376/480 is a bigger engine, and the Mendeola transaxle is a different configuration, but the basics are the same. Before I can appreciate the specifics, I need to understand the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe