Sunday, October 9, 2011

GTM Radiator

I got around to unpacking the radiator for the GTM. This is a stock OEM replacement radiator designed for C5 Corvette.
I went with a stock radiator for the following reasons:
  1. My experience with the C5 under 100 degree temperatures in traffic idle situations. This the same set up as what will be installed into the GTM. Engine cooling runs up to around 230 degrees, then the fans kick in and she goes back to 215.
  2. Fitment issues with the current GTM chassis. Alternative radiators (e.g. DeWitts, BeCool) have a bigger footprint. I am planning enough deviations from the standard spec on the car that I really do not want to deal with an additional issue. If/When I get into trouble, I can always go back to look at the Corvette and see how everything is put together.
  3. I do not plan to race the car, so I see little upside benefit for a radiator costing $400 - $600 more and requiring additional work to get it installed.
  4. I have other places where i want to spend money (some glamour / some performance / some just plain fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe