Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garage Prep I

My solution for body shell storage is to hoist the back 2/3 portion of the shell to the top of my garage. I asked Factory Five technical support for dimensions and weight requirements.
  1. 14 - 15 feet long
  2. 74 inches wide
  3. 150 - 175 pounds
I had our handyman Ted install angle iron across 2 joists for strength.
He installed 4 three foot lengths with a width of 7 feet and a length of 10 feet. The idea is to lift by the wheel wells and door openings in the shell.


Next, I went  to Lowes and purchased a swivel eye pulley plus hanger. Each are rated to 400 pounds.
I attached the pulley to the hanger, then used two 200 pound rated cable ties to attach the hangers to the angle iron.

Just add rope and tie offs, and we have pullet lift more than capable of handling body shell for storage. It is probably a bit over built, but I really don't want to wake up some morning and find it resting on the garage floor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe