Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Great Parts Round Up Begins

At my birthday party last night, the guys from my small group asked me what I was up to. I mentioned that I was planning to do a GTM build. It was very reassuring to hear Don give his stamp of approval to Factory Five and the quality of their products. Don is a gear head from way back. Most of the guys were wondering if they could come over and turn some bolts. Certainly! One of the things this kind of project needs is friends.

Don asked if there was much welding. I don't think there is, but he has a spot welder I can use if it comes to that. Again, it is good to know there are friends there to help when (not if) I get into trouble.

I purchased the first real parts for the build: Porsche 930 CV Joints. Porsche OEMs are still making these parts even though they appeared in the 1979 Porsche 911 Turbo (model 930). The Mendeola SDR transmission requires these parts to hook the back wheels into the gear box. These aren't the biggest piece of the car, but it has to start somewhere. Besides the love of my life told me I had to make sure the wheels stayed on the chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe